School of the Word and Spirit
Go deeper, live rooted, be transformed, be fruitful
Go deeper in your relationship with Father God through a six week encounter with the Word and the Spirit! The SWS will help you develop a life that is ROOTED from the place of intimacy, as you learn how to draw from the Bible and the life of the Spirit. Be transformed through the renewing of your mind as you receive lectures from respected YWAM Bible teachers and one-on-one coaching and mentoring.
Be fruitful as you go back into the nations, equipped to understand, apply, and impart the Word to others!
But the Counsellor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:26NIV)
The purpose of this course is to strengthen our relationship with Father God through the Holy Spirit and the Word (Jesus). We achieve this through reliance on the Holy Spirit in learning how to rightly handle God’s written revelation, the Bible.
Participants develop an overall understanding of the message of the Bible and learn how to develop skills that will serve a lifetime of Bible reading, memorisation, meditation and study. A reverence for God’s revelation and a hunger to understand and apply the Scriptures through study, worship, prayer and obedience will result in the transformation of beliefs, values and behaviours.
The essence of this school is about the inseparable relationship of the Word and the Spirit in the process of growing into maturity.
Psalm 1vs1-3..Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
- The curriculum for SWS includes:
- Teaching on the person of the Holy Spirit (in relationship to the Godhead) and cultivating a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Reading & rereading the Bible – individually & corporately
- Teaching on the history, context, and overall narrative of the Bible. Also, exploring its many small stories and how our individual stories fit into it.
- Teaching on specific themes/topical studies Ex: grace, faithfulness, etc
- Workshops on Bible-study methods such as inductive study method and tools
- Worship and Intercession through scripture
For information and/or an application e-mail: [email protected] or check the YWAM Seamill Website: